With a close but great fight Amanda Bluford loses 6-3
Amanda Bluford throwing a lot of kicks but not able to connect, end of rd 2 0-0
Amanda Bluford doing a good job controlling the fight, making her opponent miss, end of rd 1 score 0-0
Amanda Bluford is about to take the mat. bit.ly/2upDDb5
Amanda Bluford is America’s last fighter to fight in the Worlds. Can she bring home Gold for USA?
Steven Lopez loses to China’s Qiao 22-14
Steven Lopez is down 7-11 at the end of round 2
Aaron Cook wins his fight 16-14
Steven Lopez is leading 6 – 3 at the end of round 1
Steven Lopez is now fighting
Aaron Cook is up 8-7 at the end of Round 2 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SOTI5MoJck
Updated medal count after Day 6 finals
- The triple Olympic medalist and now double world medalist Maria Espinoza wins bronze medal
- Germany’s Bachmann wins Gold in the men’s 87kg division
- Mandic from Serbia rallied a late comeback to win Gold. Was down 11-7 and finished the fight 17-13 to take it all in the Women’s 73kg weight division.
- Hometown Cho lost to Niger’s Issoufou in the Men’s 87kg+ division. Issoufou has now added a Gold medal to his resume along with the silver he won at Rio 2016 Olympics.
Update of all American Fighters
- Jackie Galloway places 2nd
- Paige McPherson places 2nd
- Alejandro Chang lost in round of 64
- Jacob Grace lost in round of 16
- Tyler Miyagishima lost in round of 64
- Jaysen Ishida lost in round of 16
- Stephen Lambdin lost in round of 16
- Christian Sub lost in round of 16
- Austin Tram lost in round of 64
- Aziz Chambers lost in round of 16
- Charlotte Craig lost in round of 16
- Madelynn Gorman-shore lost in round of 32
- Danielle Wassell lost in round of 64
- Ara White lost in round of 16
- Amanda Blueford has not fought yet
- Stephen Lopez has not fought yet
The final four of the women 57kg will be;
- Sweden’s Nikita Glasnovic vs Hatice Ilgun of Turkey tomorrow
- Jade Jone of Great Brtian and Korea’s Lee Ah-Reum
Jade Jones will be looking to win Gold Medal at world’s after placing 2nd last year.
With ease, Jade Jones has made it through to the semis. She will fight Lee Ah-Reum of Korea tomorrow.
Sadly both American fighters have been eliminated.
At midnight CST Ara White from Team USA will fight in ring 4 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVv0xglENG4&feature=youtu.be
- USA fighter Jackie Galloway earns Silver while Bianca Walkden won Gold. Both of them Great fighters. This was Jackie 2nd Medal at worlds and Bianca 2nd Gold.
- The final two American Fighters of day 5 were eliminated . Both Stephen Lambdin and Christian Suh had made it to the round of 16.
- There are two more days of Competition left.
- USA has now 2 Silver Medals in Medal Count.
Stephen Lambdin wins his fight 28-15
Stephen Lambdin is up 15-2 at the end of round 2
Stephen Lambdin is up 10-2 at the end of round 1
Stephen Lambdin is up to fight now
Suh wins his fight 31-27
Suh is up 17-13 at the end of round 3
Suh is up 10 -6 at the end of round 1
Christian Suh of USA is fighting now
DEVASTATING LOST by Madelynn Gorman-Shore. SO CLOSE! Gorman lost in the final seconds 19-20
Gorman-Shore up 17-9 at the end of round 2
Gorman-shore off to a quick start. Up 8-0 at the end of first round
Gorman-Shore of USA is up now > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHAfAUR4O4
Day 5 of the World Taekwondo Championships begins tonight at 8pm, There will be 3 American Fighters,
- Madelynn Gorman-Shore vs Crystal Weekes (PUR) -73kg class.
- Christian Suh vs Abram Lance Cuvinar (PHI) -87kg division.
- Stephen Lambdin vs Hamza Kattan (JOR) +87kg division.
Jackie Galloway is set to fight in the semis at 6am tomorrow. > Link to fight bit.ly/2sjKWiX
Update 8:55 (Fell asleep earlier haha)
- Lee secures third Gold medal for South Korea. Lee fought in the men 68kg division.
- Congrats to Paige McPherson for winning silver at Muju2017 . That will be the first Medal for the USA team.
- Bianca Walkden of GB is guaranteed a medal. Will fight tomorrow.
- Tomorrow final four for the Women’s 73kg will be Britain’s Bianca Walkden against South Korea’s Saebom An and China’s Zheng Shuyin and the US’s Jackie Galloway.
- Men’s 58kg final 4 will be Carlos Narvarro of Mexico against Jeong of Korea. And Russia’s Mikhail Artamonov against Spain’s Jesus Tortosa Cabrera
Carlos Navarro beats Mohamed Al Mahrouqi of Oman 12 – 3 and is now in round of 16
Meisam Rafiei of Iceland was defeated by Max Carter of GB 13-9
2016 Olympic Champion Zheng beats Hobday 9-7 in the +73kg Weight class
Tatiana Kudashova is now in round of 16 after Kyah English withdrew at end of 2nd round, Score was 14-0 Kudashova
Mexico’s Bridgida Acosta beats Canada’s Emmanuelle Boudreau 21-1
Rosana Simon of Spain wins her match
Bianca Walkden wins her fight 20-1 over Rojas
World Champion Bianca Walkden is up 8-1 at the end of round 2
The Mexican, Jannet Alegria loses to the German, Madeline Folgmann by 8-1
Aziza Chambers wins the fight 9-6
Aziza Chambers is tied 2-2 at the end of 2nd round
Aziza Chambers up 2-0 at the end of first round
Panamanian Victor Gonzalez fell to the Icelandic Meisam Rafiei, in a preliminary round 0-12
Aziza Chambers of USA is fighting live now > youtu.be/YzVXwx2cK0I
First Session of fights for the day are now done. Fights will resume around 12:30am CST. 2pm in Muju, South Korea.
Kazakhstan’s Almas Mukamyrov defeat Azerbaijan’s Fizam Mehtiyev 18-9 to reach the round of 32 of the men’s 58kg
Francisco Palacios of Guatemala defeats Georgios Nicolau of Cyprus, 6-2
- Home favorite through to men’s 58kg round of 32
- Carlos Navarro has made it through to men’s 58kg round of 32
- Jannet Algeria of through to women’s 53kg round of 32
Follow @fightingco on twitter for more updates!